Top Baby Bouncers of 2022
There are a few products that are going to be "can't live without" baby gear essentials in those first few months. A reliable rocker will be one of them. You'll wonder how you would have ever gotten anything done without your go-to bouncer to keep baby safely entertained.
Now, there are multiple different rockers/bouncers/swings on the market that will do the job, but in this Learning Centre article, we’re breaking down our top 5!
mamaRoo4 by 4momsThe mamaRoo4 by 4moms is definitely the most “techy” of the bunch. It has 5 different movements and 5 different speeds per movement – giving you 25 options so you’re sure to find something that suits your baby. If they’re feeling a little extra fussy then you can really get it moving!
It also has 4 built-in sounds to choose from, so if your sound machine stays on the bedside table or in the nursery, you don’t have to worry about porting that around from room to room with you! [In case you haven’t figured it out yet, the womb is loud and babies feel comfortable when surrounded by white noise, especially in the “fourth trimester”]. It’s also Bluetooth enabled so you can control and adjust the movements and sounds from your smart device.
- Machine washable fabrics
- Toy mobile included to stimulate baby while they rock, bounce or sway
- Multiple different movements
- Adjustable recline to sit baby more upright as they become more engaged in the world
- Built-in sounds
- Infant insert to use from birth is sold separately
- Must be plugged in to use
- It’s lightweight, but still quite bulky so not ideal for moving from room to room or packing into the trunk for a getaway
- Can only be used for first ~6 months of baby’s life
Bouncer Bliss & Balance by BabyBjörnThe Bouncer Bliss [available in Mesh, Jersey, and Cotton] and Bouncer Balance [available in Soft] by BabyBjörn are awesome little bouncers with a simple, but genius, concept - and the only difference between them is the fabric choice and colour of the frame!
This bouncer requires you to use your hand or foot to bounce baby, but it’s very sensitive to touch and this is not as daunting as it sounds! A simple tap of the toe gets baby easily moving.
Side note: If you open your bouncer before baby is born, don’t be alarmed! The weight of the baby is what allows it to bounce so easily - #Science. Once your baby starts to realize they have control of their limbs, their own kicking will get them moving and is shown to help develop motor skills! This bouncer is SO loved by parents because of how easy it is to move from room to room or pack up for the day – need a shower? Easily bring this little bouncer into the bathroom! Heading to the beach? No outlet necessary for baby to enjoy some bouncing in the shade!
This bouncer can be used from birth to ~2 years in 2 different stages – featuring 3 different recline positions, you can use this bouncer right from birth to 20 lbs in bouncer position, then flip the fabric and use it as a little chair!
- Lightweight & compact design make it easy to move from room to room and doesn’t take up much space in your living areas
- Folds flat for easy storage or to transport if you’re heading on a trip or just out for the day!
- No batteries or plug necessary to use
- Easily removable and machine washable fabrics
- Just one movement [up and down]
- Until baby has control of their limbs, requires caregiver to be close by for movement to happen
- Some families prefer baby closer to eye level vs. on the floor [dog families we’re talking to you]
Leaf & Leaf Grow Swing by NunaBefore we begin here, check out our Nuna LEAF vs. Nuna LEAF Grow Swing article – it explains the differences between the LEAF and LEAF Grow swings by Nuna [we know that’s your next Google search]!
The LEAF and LEAF Grow swings are definitely some of the most stylish in the rocker/bouncer world. The stunning design from Nuna makes these a fan favourite, but that’s not all people love about it! This swing moves gently from side to side and will continue movement for ~2 minutes with just one gentle push [that’s enough time to run and pee before baby comes to a halt!] Like the BabyBjörn, this swing doesn’t require batteries or a plug BUT some models do have the option to add the Wind Accessory for continuous movement [more on that in a minute]!
This swing can be used from birth and comes with a cozy infant insert that can be removed for use in toddler mode and “big kid” mode! All fabrics are machine washable.
- Can be locked into stationary position for feeding or playtime
- 3 recline positions – can sway in all 3!
- Mesh backing beneath infant insert provides breathability
- Can be used to 100+ pounds in 2 different stages – the longevity of this seat can’t be beat!
- Cannot fold flat for easy transport – base and seat detach from each other
- Wind accessory sold separately so requires a caregiver be close by for continuous movement to occur
2-in-1 Kori Rocker by Maxi-CosiThe 2-in-1 Kori Rocker by Maxi-Cosi is an affordable and attractive option for parents who need a comfy, safe place for baby to chill out and rock away in peace!
The Kori has 3 adjustable height positions and a multi-recline seat that easily adapt to provide baby the best seat in the house. The rocker’s ultra-lightweight and minimal design folds and tucks away for easy storage, but it is so sleek that you may just want to keep it out! A comfy newborn inlay is included so you can get your baby rocking right away, and the removable cover is machine washable to keep up with spit up and spills.
- Affordable solution
- 3-point harness is easy to use and keeps baby safe
- Sleek and minimal design
- Folds flat and features a lightweight design for easy transport and storage
- Removable fabric makes machine washing easy
- Comfy newborn inlay included
- Just one rocking movement
- Not automated/no Bluetooth capabilities
- Cannot be used past 19.8 lbs
ConvertMe Swing by IngenuityThe ConvertMe Swing by Ingenuity has a soft, contemporary look, and features a toy bar to keep your little cozy and entertained.
This swing moves back and forth and runs on batteries, so you don’t have to worry about setting up near an outlet [your lamps can stay right where they are]. The swing uses a technology called “Hybridrive” so that your batteries last 3x longer than they normally would – meaning you won’t have to spend a fortune swapping out batteries every few days. Use the EasyLock system to turn it into a stationary vibrating seat, and let baby relax with a variety of 12 soothing melodies and 4 nature sounds to choose from.
The entire seat features soft and fleecy fabrics that are removable for easy washing, and keep baby cozy while they swing. It can be used right from birth up to ~6 months when baby is trying to sit up on their own.
- Automatic movement allows parents to be hands-free while baby swings
- Built-in sounds – 12 melodies & 4 nature sounds
- 5 different swing speeds to choose from
- Comes with toy bar comes with a plush toy to stimulate baby while they swing
- Travel friendly design folds easily and does not require a plug
- 5-point harness vs. 3 point-harness which is a bit more work to get baby in and out
- Although it folds small, it is not as compact as the BabyBjörn or Maxi-Cosi
Ready to RockThose are our top 5 best-selling rockers and bouncers and they’re all amazing & stylish options!
Depending on your lifestyle and what it is that you’re looking for, one may be better suited to your family than the others. Have you added one [or 2] to your baby registry yet?