Nuna MIXX vs. MIXX 2 Stroller Comparison
Mixx it UpDespite the throwback name, the Nuna MIXX is actually an upgrade over the Nuna MIXX 2 stroller!
Although both strollers offer amazing features like a reversible seat, a newborn-friendly recline, simple fold & car seat compatibility, the MIXX has upgraded to feature a vegan leather handle and bumper bars, chrome-accented wheels and an all-season seat!
Seat Upgrades on the 2019 MIXX
No-Rethread HarnessThis means you skip the hassle of removing the harness and reattaching straps through slots as your little one grows.
Removable Seat BackReveals a breathable mesh – making this seat perfect for sunny, summer walks OR cold winter travels!
Height IncreaseA very slight height increase [1.3 inches] to accommodate children just a little bit longer.
What Else is New?
Compatibility ChangesThe 2018 stroller came with 2-piece adapters to attach your Nuna infant seat without the need to purchase an adapter separately. However, this was a two-handed process due to the need to release the posts located on either side of the car seat to remove and line the infant seat up on either side to attach.
The 2019 Nuna MIXX now includes a ring adapter with purchase instead of 2 pieces, which makes attaching and removing your infant seat a one-handed job.
Accessory ChangesThe Nuna MIXX2 included a rain cover with purchase, however the 2019 MIXX does not.
Colour ChangesThe 2018 Nuna MIXX2 came in Caviar and Jett. The new MIXX is also available in Caviar, but also comes in Granite, Birch, Oxford, and Riveted - all featuring the vegan leather handle and bumper bars.
Photo courtesy of @honeynsilk
Additional InfoHere are all the worthy details on the 2019 Nuna MIXX for your list of potential strollers [we know you have one started somewhere!]:
- Foam-filled, all-terrain tires take on beaches, snow and gravel roads with ease [10 inches in the back and 7.5 inches up front]
- All-wheel suspension ensures a smooth ride for pusher and passenger
- Full-flat recline removes the need for a bassinet! When you fully recline the seat in parent-facing position, the footrest will fold up and snap to create the perfect little nook & replaces the need for an additional bassinet purchase [unless you want to of course!]
- Reversible seat – two levers on each side of the seat allow you to release and reverse in seconds
- 3-position adjustable leg rest keeps those tall & tired legs from dangling
- UPF 50+ canopy with sun shade and mesh zipped in extendable panel
- Peekaboo window with magnetic closure – no noisy Velcro waking up sleeping baby
- Flip flop friendly brake with colour indicators
- Simple & compact fold
- Trolley function to wheel the stroller behind you when folded
- Swing-away bumper bar included in purchase
- 5-point harness that converts to a 3-point harness – baby is good to grow!
- Stroller seat suitable from birth to 50 lbs
Photos courtesy of @honeynsilk