Even though a lot of penguins live in cold climates, they can still get the chills. Or maybe the Shivering Penguin from Fisher-Price Wooden Toys just wishes he could fly. Either way, when toddlers roll him along to watch him shiver and shake, they’re not just using motor skills to engage in fun-filled play, they’re offering a warm touch to a chilly bird.
- Children can even pick up this carefully crafted, stylishly designed beech wood bird and pretend he’s flying, making his wish come true. See that—young imaginations really do make anything possible.
- Rolling toy penguin made from real beech wood
- When he’s pushed along, his head moves back and forth
- Grasping the penguin and rolling him along promotes fine and gross motor skills
- The colors and patterns help stimulate a child’s visual sense
- Seeing the penguin’s head move back and forth can help encourage curiosity about how things work