Designed to foster physical and cognitive development in toddlers, this unique stacking toy features lights, sounds, and games that are meant to encourage fine motor skills, logical thinking, problem solving, curiosity, and discovery.
They say there are plenty of fish in the sea—and they’re right! But there are also plenty of crabs, turtles, snails, and other critters that live beneath the waves. At Fisher-Price, we like to imagine these sea-dwellers do a lot of socializing—parties, line dancing, barbecues, and, of course, games. (Okay, maybe not too many barbecues.) The Deep Blue Sea Stacker, from the Fisher-Price Wooden Toys collection, lets children take part in a variety of games featuring nine adorable play pieces designed to look like different underwater animals. With lights, sounds, and four modes of play, the Deep Blue Sea Stacker is more than a stacking toy; it’s an interactive playtime experience created to help foster physical and cognitive development. Each mode focuses on a different way to play by encouraging recognition of colors, shapes, and numbers through matching, stacking, and counting as children place the play pieces on the correct poles. To make sure children receive plenty of visual, auditory, and tactile stimulation, the toy features lots of music, sound effects, colored lights, and a gorgeous beech wood design to tie it all together. Contemporary meets classic with tried-and-true developmental play (stacking and matching), a modern aesthetic, and unique, fun-filled electronic content that helps guide children through different games, all of which are meant to encourage fine motor skills, logical thinking, problem solving, curiosity, and discovery. Deep sea adventures have never been more accessible. Whether your child is an aspiring oceanographer, or just loves playing with lights, sounds, and adorable animals, the Deep Blue Sea Stacker brings a world of fun, beneficial play to the surface.
- Unique sea-inspired stacking toy is made with real beech wood
- Includes 9 play pieces designed to look like a variety of sea creatures
- Stack the sea creatures by placing them on the correct poles
- The shapes of the sea creatures correspond to the shapes of the 3 different poles—circle, square, triangle
- 4 modes of play encourage recognition of shapes, colors, and numbers
- Different modes feature lights, sounds, phrases, and music
- Grasping and stacking the sea creatures helps promote fine motor skills
- Figuring out which sea creatures fit on which poles can foster logical thinking and problem solving
- Hearing the sound effects and seeing the lights as the creatures are stacked can inspire curiosity about how things work
- The variety of sights, sounds, and textures offers an array of visual, auditory, and tactile stimulation