In a market with many pacifiers to choose from, it can be confusing. Parenting is a great journey. However, this journey can also be stressful for new parents who are unsure about which products are the best fit for their baby. When it comes to nipples no size or shape is right or wrong because all babies are different. When using a pacifier, it's important to try out different shapes and sizes to find the perfect fit for your baby.
This is why BIBS launches the BIBS Try-it-Collection. In this collection, you will have a pacifier from 4 different categories (Colour, De Lux, Supreme, and Couture), with a selection of all nipple types (Round, Symmetrically, and Anatomically) and materials (Natural Rubber Latex and Silicone). For you and your baby to test and find your preferred BIBS pacifier.
For hygienic reasons, it is recommend to replace pacifiers every 4-6 weeks.
- Recommended by midwifes to support natural breastfeeding.
- Recommended for children aged 0-36 months.
The nipple is produced from natural rubber latex or silicone.
- The rubber is a natural material and therefore slight color variations may occur.
- The shield is made of 100 percent food safe polypropylene (PP).
- Completely free from BPA, PVC and phthalates.
- Available in Size 1 and Size 2.
Size 1 & 2 is suitable for newborns.
- Designed and manufactured in Denmark/EU.
For Your Baby's Safety:
- Do always inspect the product carefully before each use. Especially when the baby has teeth. Pull the pacifier in all directions.
Discard it at the first sign of damage or weakness.
- Only use dedicated pacifier holders tested to EN 12586.
- Never attach other ribbons or cords to a pacifier, your baby may be strangled by them.
- The pacifier is not allowed to be stored in direct sunlight.
- Sterilize each pacifier before use.
- Bring water to a boil and pour boiling water over pacifiers.
- Let the pacifiers soak for approx. 5 minutes.
- Pick them up and let them dry.
- The pacifier nipples may retain water, simply squeeze the nipple to release and lay to cool and dry for 3-4 hours.
- If the pacifier shows any irregularities, we recommend that you discard right away.
- Since BIBS pacifiers are made with natural rubber, the nipple may expand with use.
Premature infants and babies up to 3 months need more thorough and frequent cleaning than babies over 3 months of age. Therefore, the pacifier must be cleaned more often when the child is under 3 months.
0-3 months: The pacifier must be scaled every time it has been on the floor. In addition, the pacifier must be scalded at least once a day.
3+ months: Rinse the pacifier once a day and rinse it under the cold tap if it has been on the floor.
- 1) Put the pacifiers in a clean bowl
2) Pour them with boiling water
- 3) Let the pacifiers soak for approx. 5 min.
- 4) Pick them up and let them dry
The vast majority of pacifiers are with valve. If the nipple has a valve, be sure to squeeze excess water out of the seat part when the nipple is sufficiently cooled.
TIP: When the child is over 3 months old, you can also rinse the pacifier by placing them in a sieve and pouring them with boiling water. This method is partly faster and partly avoids water collecting inside the seat part.
- Caution! We often receive inquiries from parents who have followed the National Board of Health's recommendation to cook the pacifier for 5 minutes before first use and daily afterwards. The result is broken pacifiers.
- DO NOT COOK. They are not meant to be boiled and are therefore destroyed by the high heat.
Instead, follow the instructions above, and you are sure to kill the bacteria without compromising the durability of the pacifier.