Top 5 Items for the Active Family
Whether you're expecting your first, or you're well on your way to your fifth little one, there are some items that are going to make getting outdoors and staying active easier. Below are 5 product picks and an outline of their key features for you to review when creating your baby registry or preparing for this summer's big camping trip!
1. Thule Urban Glide 2The Thule Urban Glide 2 is a lightweight, all-terrain stroller by Thule. It has a one-handed compact fold for easy storage and transportation and it is loaded with suspension to ensure a smooth ride for your little passenger.
- Front swivel wheel locks into place for jogging
- 16” rear wheels
- Integrated twist hand brake for speed control on hills
- One handed reclining seat
- Adjustable handlebar for maximum parent comfort
- Large cargo basket equipped with zip-top cover, rear mesh pocket and 2 mesh compartments
- Comfortable seat with padded 5-point harness
- Peekaboo window with silent magnetic closure
- Reflective rims on all wheels and reflective edge on canopy
- Compatible with infant seats (adapters and infant seats sold separately)
- Stroller weighs only 25 pounds
- Weight capacity of stroller is a whopping 75 pounds!
2. ERGObaby Four Position 360 Cool Mesh CarrierThe ERGObaby Four-Position 360 Cool Air Carrier is made with 3D air mesh to keep baby cooler for longer, no matter what month or activity you embark upon together.
- Padded shoulder straps
- Wide, supportive waistband
- Structured bucket seat so baby is always in an ergonomic frog-leg seated position with his/her spine in optimal “c” position at all times
- 4 carry positions – front (forward and parent facing), hip, or back
- Use from 12-45 pounds
- Use from 7 pounds with an infant insert (sold separately)
- Compatible with winter weather cover (sold separately)
3. Veer CruiserThe Veer all-terrain cruiser is the ultimate outdoor family wagon. From the beach, to the pumpkin patch, to cutting down the Christmas tree – year after year, the Veer will get you there.
- Passenger seating for 2 with 3-point harnesses
- Aggressive front suspension (keeps your passengers comfortable on rough terrain)
- Large, rugged, knobby tires
- Rear wheel fenders
- Expandable footwell
- Durable water, stain and fade-resistant fabric sidewalls (option to replace with fashion colours)
- One-hand fold
- 6 mesh interior pockets
- 4 in-wagon storage wells
- Adjustable handle height
- One-touch footbrake
- Snack and drink tray included
- 2 cup holders included (ability to hold up to 6!)
- Compatible with an infant seat! (Adapter and infant seat sold separately)
4. Evolution Blanket by 7AM EnfantLiving in Canada, it is vital to have a dependable bunting bag to keep you kiddos warm when you’re out and about - enter the 7AM Enfant Evolution Blanket. Be it on the ski slops, winter running, or simply picking siblings up from school – you must keep those little fingers and toes warm.
- Expands out and up with extensions and zippers to grow with your child
- Safe buttoned elastic adjuster in hood
- Center back panel is removable for complete access to stroller 5-point harness
- Anti-slip back panel
- Large front pocket
- Water repellant outer shell
- Ultra-soft premium insulation
- Micro-fleece lining
- Machine washable!!
- Temperature rated to -20 degrees Celsius
5. ThinkSport Sunscreen for Kids and/or ThinkBaby SunScreenThe ThinkSport sunscreen was the first to pass Whole Foods Premium Care requirements in Canada – meaning that it is free of biologically harmful chemicals! This sunscreen is water resistant to 80 minutes, mineral-based (zinc oxide 20%) and is paraben, phthalates, PABA and 1,4 dioxane free.
It is produced in the USA and comes in an easy-to-apply stick for convenience.
If ThinkSport isn't for you, check out the Green Beaver line of organic, hypoallergenic, gluten-free sunscreen!
Active parents out there - is there anything we're missing? What are your recommended "must-have" products?