Silver Cross Jet Stroller Review
Ready, set, travel!The Silver Cross Jet is the newest addition to the lineup of compact strollers that fold small enough to fit into most airline overhead compartments. Compact strollers are taking over the stroller market these days – because, well, who doesn’t like smaller & easier when they already have their hands full with babies? Now that there are so many options for travel/compact strollers, allow us to break down for you what makes the Silver Cross Jet so special!
Shall we start with this colour? It's important for you to know that the Jet in Galaxy is a Snuggle Bugz exclusive and ONLY available to our customers. Plus, it’s only 13 pounds & it folds teeny tiny.
Unlike many of the other compact strollers on the market, this one folds width-wise as well so it measures in at only 30 centimeters across when folded. It also includes a handy little cover to keep everything together and tidy on your travels.
[Bonus: the cover has some stretch to it so you won’t find yourself wrestling with it in the middle of a crowded airport or train station!]
The Silver Cross Jet also takes an infant car seat! The Silver Cross Jet adapters are purchased separately, but this is the perfect way to keep little one in the infant seat that they are used to and comfortable in without having to lug your everyday stroller through crowded terminals. But don’t fret, if you’d prefer to check your infant car seat or you’re renting one at your final destination, this stroller can still accommodate your newborn. With a padded lie-flat seat, your newborn will be safe and comfortable directly in the stroller.
To find out which infant seats the Silver Cross Jet is compatible with, check out our super handy Car Seat & Stroller Compatibility Chart.
More about the seat:
- Multi-position gradual recline with pull lever on the back of the seat
- Adjustable calf support [nice for napping toddlers to be able to keep their legs stretched out or babies who aren’t a fan of the dangly legs]
- 5-point safety harness that grows with your little one
- Bumper bar can be detached from both sides for easy ins/outs
- UPF 50+ Airflow ventilation system
- Pop-out sun visor stows away when you don't need it, and protects your little one when you do!
- Peekaboo window that closes with magnets! No noisy Velcro to wake up sleeping beauties
The bottom half:
- Dynamic spring suspension keeps baby comfortable on even the bumpiest cobblestone streets
- Lockable front swivel wheels ensure a smooth push for parents on gravel roads or through sand/snow
- Flip-flop friendly braking system
- Spacious shopping basket stores the essentials
The Fold:This compact stroller uses a folding mechanism that combines that of an umbrella stroller and the fold of other compact strollers on the market. This allows the stroller to fold both vertically and horizontally, making the fold that much smaller but the task slightly more complex than the one-handed fold of competitors. The stroller self stands which is ideal for storage.
- Can be used from birth – 40 lbs
- Nuna PIPA, Maxi-Cosi and Cybex infant car seats are compatible with the Silver Cross Jet [adapters sold separately]
- Purchase includes a rain cover that fits nice and tight to protect baby from the elements [just in case your vacation isn’t to the sunniest of destinations]
by Silver Cross