Silver Cross Jet Stroller Product Review
The Jet is the newest addition to the lineup of compact strollers that fold small enough to fit into most airline overhead compartments. Compact strollers are taking over the stroller market these days – because, well, who doesn’t like smaller & easier when they already have their hands full with babies?
Now that there are so many options for travel/compact strollers, allow us to break down for you what makes the Silver Cross so special.
Plus, it’s only 13 pounds & folds TEENY tiny. Are you ready? Let's begin!
Ready, set, travel!
Compact & ConvenientUnlike many of the other compact strollers on the market, the Jet folds width-wise as well so it measures in at only 30 centimeters across when folded. It also includes a handy little cover to keep everything together and tidy on your travels.
- Suitable for children up to 44 lbs and up to 44" tall
- Dimensions: 43 cm W x 90 cm D x 100.3 cm H
- Dimensions Folded: 30 cm W x 18 cm D x 55 cm H
The Silver Cross Jet also takes an infant car seat! The Silver Cross Jet adapters are purchased separately, but this is the perfect way to keep little one in the infant seat that they are used to and comfortable in without having to lug your everyday stroller through crowded terminals. But don’t fret, if you’d prefer to check your infant car seat or you’re renting one at your final destination, this stroller can still accommodate your newborn. With a padded lie-flat seat, your newborn will be safe and comfortable directly in the stroller.
To find out which infant seats the Silver Cross Jet is compatible with, check out our super handy Car Seat & Stroller Compatibility Chart.
The seatThe seat on the new Jet features soft-textured fabrics, and is ergonomically designed so you can be sure that your babe is comfortable and supported while on the go:
- Multi-position gradual recline with pull lever on the back of the seat
- Adjustable calf support [nice for napping toddlers to be able to keep their legs stretched out or babies who aren’t a fan of the dangly legs]
- 5-point safety harness that grows with your little one
- Higher seat position and backrest with enhanced structure for greater comfort
- Bumper bar can be detached from both sides for easy ins/outs [and function as the Jet's 'suitcase' handle when folded]!
- UPF 50+ Airflow ventilation system
- Pop-out sun visor stows away when you don't need it, and protects your little one when you do!
- Peekaboo window that closes with magnets! No noisy Velcro to wake up sleeping beauties
The bottom half
- Dynamic and improved 4-wheel spring suspension keeps baby comfortable on even the bumpiest cobblestone streets
- Lockable front swivel wheels ensure a smooth push for parents on gravel roads or through sand/snow
- Flip-flop friendly braking system
- Spacious shopping basket stores the essentials
The FoldThis compact stroller uses a folding mechanism that combines that of an umbrella stroller, and the fold of other compact strollers on the market.
This allows the stroller to fold both vertically and horizontally, making the fold that much smaller but the task slightly more complex than the one-handed fold of competitors. The stroller self stands which is ideal for storage.
- Nuna PIPA, Maxi-Cosi and Cybex infant car seats are compatible with the Silver Cross Jet [adapters sold separately]
- Purchase includes a rain cover that fits nice and tight to protect baby from the elements [just in case your vacation isn’t to the sunniest of destinations]
- Can be wheeled like a small suitcase and includes a stylish protective cover for storage and travel
READY FOR TAKEOFF?The Silver Cross Jet has us mentally planning our next trip, what about you? There seriously are so many perks to having your stroller with you on vacation, and we love that the Jet is versatile enough for daily use no matter the location.
For more content to help you hit the road, check out our Related Content below!