Get The Look 3
We’ve partnered with Canon to bring you a three post blog series on capturing your baby’s moments and milestones in the easiest way possible. With the help of their site, babymoments.ca we’ve learned that using a DSLR camera is not as intimidating as we thought and we wanted to share the process with you in the hopes that you will be inspired to capture some of your baby’s sweet moments too.
As a follow up to Part One in our Canon Baby Moments series we decided to test out our skills with a model in the 3-6 month age range. At this time babies are typically just beginning to reach for their toes, experiment with tummy time and rolling, and are just so interested in taking in all that is going on around them. We recruited nearly four month old Daniel, the most easy going and co-operative model we could have asked for.
The Shoot: Capturing 3-6 Months
Daniel is not quite rolling yet but he is a pro at tummy time. We decided to capture some of his expressions and personality as we worked on his neck strength and flashed his baby blues at us. As smitten as we were with Daniel we quickly realized that he only has eyes for his Mama. The way a baby looks at his mom, with such adoration, was a moment we just couldn’t let pass us by. In order to get the shots we wanted, we used the tips on babymoments.ca to guide us. Here is how we set up the shots:
- We found a bright room with a window that let in lots of natural light.
- Using a soft blanket, we created a place to comfortably rest Daniel for his paparazzi moment.
- We used the Canon EOS Rebel T6i paired with a EF 50mm f/1.8 STM portrait lens and set the dial to Portrait mode or “P”
- Getting down on our hands and knees, we went to work snapping his expressions, his sparkling eyes, and the tremendous effort it took for him to keep his head up.
We love how they came out and think they captured little Daniel’s easy going nature and personality perfectly! With this completely obliging subject, the whole shoot took around 20 minutes and we had so many great shots they were hard to narrow down! Stay tuned for part three of our Baby Moments series with Canon where we will be celebrating baby’s first birthday and capturing those exciting one year characteristics.
While summer pastels are light and refreshing, there is something about timeless black and white that looks crisp, clean and modern. If you are shopping for a gender neutral gift, or just love the monochromatic look, here are some of our favourite black and white products to inspire your next purchase.
- Maxi Cosi Mico Max 30 Car Seat in Devoted Black and White
- Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair in Black
- Ju Ju Be Be Neat Legacy Bib – The Marquess
- Colibri Reusable Snack Bag – Large Paisley
- Baby Paper in Black and White Stripe
- OVer Company Alto Stripe OVer Cover
- Minimoc Infinity Shoe in Silver Dot
- Skip Hop Footie & Hat in Cloud
- Farm Hoppers Cow
- Little Unicorn Petite Manifest Bag in Obsidian
- Lulujo Bamboo Blanket in Hugs and Kisses
- Kid O Wobble Racoon
Finding the perfect nursery rug can be tricky – too big, too small, just right? Wait… that’s chairs. Well, the same applies for rugs. Here are a few of our favourites. Which one do you like the best? I’m always drawn in by the green that’s in the middle but then I love a round rug as well. I’d love #3 in round. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to track down my own personal rug maker…
As always, check out more on our Pinterest page.
Posts You Might Like
- Baby Carriers
- Behind the Bump
- Brand Spotlight
- Car Seat Safety
- Cloth Diapering
- Diaper Bags
- Double Strollers
- Get the Look
- Life With Baby
- Mom Talk
- Nursery Design by Nesting Story
- Nursery Styles
- Potty Training
- Product Feature
- Product Recalls
- Product Reviews
- Save vs Splurge
- Snuggle News
- Staff Spotlight
- The Mom Files
- Tough Subjects
- Winter Gear