Everyone loves compliments – want to flatter me? Come check out my son’s car seats and tell me how beautifully they are installed . Working at Snuggle Bugz where we pride ourselves in car seat safety, getting certified as car seat technician and most importantly driving with my own ‘precious cargo’ all played a role in becoming aware of the importance of car seat safety. This is one area where you don’t want to make mistakes. Many couples would come into Snuggle Bugz and ask what they should be spending their money on – yup! You guessed my answer- it would most defiantly be a good car seat & stroller.
If you have done some research on car seats I am sure you have come across Britax. Britax makes a great car seat and has a fantastic reputation for being on the top for its safety. They are always thinking ahead and have recently come out with a new car seat called the G3.
This is what I love about the Britax car seat :
- Simple to install into a vehicle safely
- Straps glide nicely, and rarely tangle
- Straps go nice and tight – you should not be able to pinch the strap
- Lots of options. They have a great line-up and will have the seat the best fits your needs
- Great quality – made of non-recycled plastic it is super strong plus it has a steel bars that run up the sides of the seat that prevents the seat from crumpling forward.
- It does not take up a ton of space when rear facing. We drive a Toyota Matrix we have lots of space!
- It has ‘safe cell technology’ that at the base of the seat. It is in a honeycomb shape and will absorb the energy of an accident.
- Side Impact protection – this surrounds your little ones head and prevents more side to side movement.
What’s new with the G3?
- EZ buckle system. So what’s the deal on this? Let me explain – this change is all about convenience. A new belly pad has been introduced that will keep the buckle in the ‘forward position’. This means no yanking on the buckle from under your child’s bum since he/she will no longer be sitting on it – yay!
- Safe cell HUGS this is an upgrade in the safety department. These are the chest pads that now have the same “safe cell technology” that can be found at the base of the seat. This will help absorb energy away from the child & reduce impact force to your little one. Plus they are attached to the shell of the seat so you know it will be in the proper position across your little ones chest.
If you are buying a Britax car seat you are making a great choice. Just remember it is as important to have your car seat properly installed and to have your little one safely strapped in as buying the best on the market!
Snuggle Bugz would be happy to answer questions you may have!
Do you have a Britax car seat? How long have you had it? What’s your favourite feature? Leave us a comment and let us know!