Myles is about to embark on the solids journey – I really have to pinch myself that my little newborn isn’t a newborn but a 6 month, chubby baby! His diet of breast milk and the occasional formula bottle is about to change & a whole new world of rice cereal, prunes & squash is about to begin!
I am not sure if I am alone in this but something about putting solids into their ‘pure little bodies’ makes me a little nervous. With Kellan I made a lot of his baby food – it felt good to know exactly what I was feeding him and that it was nice and fresh! I plan to do the same for Myles but it is sooo true what they say about your 2nd- you are way more relaxed busy! I can only imagine what my 5th will be eating when h/she is 6 months old!
A couple key components of baby food making is a good food processor & baby cubes (a serious must-have). Since I lost some parts of my “magic bullet” during our move I am in the market for a new one. I am debating between the following:
- The Babycook Food maker by Beaba. The reviews on the Snuggle Bugz website look good for this guy. I love how it’s a steamer, blender, defroster & warmer in one! What more can a Momma want?!
- The Ultimate Baby Food Centre by Kids Line. What I like about this guy is that he can do multiple batches at the same time….ummm…saving Momma time is worth every penny!
- The Electric Food Mill by KidCo. What I like about this lil’ fella is that he’s inexpensive and may do the trick just fine.
Have you tried any of these processors? Or do you have any suggestions?? I am excited to get cookin’ and will give you my feedback on the one I choose!
Okay, I know I am picking your brains but Mom to Mom advice is the best advice out there so here are a couple more questions…
- Do you have any good baby food recipes?
- What was your little ones first solid food experience? Did you go the prune route to get things flowing? Or was a rice cereal babes first meal?
- When did you start solids?? 6 month mark? Earlier? Later?
Love to hear from you!